Monday, September 24, 2012

The wishful thinking of old time religion to solve gay-bullying

So I was just thinking about gay-bullying in schools and how the LGBT youth are taught to be be semi-active in their own rescue attempt from something that has been going on forever. I mean let's be real, gay youth are beat up with through the internet or in the physical realm just to be told "It get's better" while secretly these same young people plot to kill themselves because they can't handle the pressure of being who they are no more.

Now, I am not one to advocate violence because this country has seen the power of nonviolent methods and it does have a proven track record. But this is the Devil's Advocate and here I want to express myself honestly.

To be honest when I hear about gay-bashing especially gay-bullying I think back to what Malcolm X said. He said that Muslims were taught to obey the law and respect everybody but if someone puts their hand on you, send them to the cemetery. He said that was that old time religion and he was right.

Back in the day it was about an eye for an eye. There is parts of me that want to tell these young gay people to stand up for themselves and if someone corners you to make sure you have a brick handy and knock the hell out of that person or people.

Back where I am from either you stand up for yourself or suffer the fate of being constantly tested. You stand up to a bully and no matter if you get beat up or win, you get the respect at the end of the day. Now again, I am not advocating violence because I know the action is of violence is a vicious circle but I won't lie.  I would love to spread some of that old time religion to the new generation of gay people and say here "I got a spiritual brick, let me show you how to use it."

No comments:

Post a Comment